They were pretty simple to make. Just take a strip of paper 12 inches long and anywhere from 2 inches to 1 inch wide. Then I scored them every 1/4 inch and then folded them like an accordion. You then adhere the two ends together and lay it flat so it forms a circle. It took me a while to find the right adhesive to hold it closed, but I ended up using my glue gun. I cut out a circle for the backs of them and glued that on to give it stability, then stuck the skewer in and then glued the punched out circles on the front with my glue gun too.
I actually glued two together and then wrapped them with some mellow moss grosgrain ribbon. The vase came from Ikea and so did the rocks. They were so cheap! I think the vase was $3 and the rocks were $1.50. I'm thinking the next time I'm at Ikea I'll actually pick up some more rocks to fill it in a it more! And DA TA!
My Hannah and Abby are still struggling with this darn cold. I hope they are better soon!!
Thanks for visiting and have a great day!!
p.s. Julie, I did actually end up giving this quilt to Hannah because Abby has been sleeping with the other quilt because it matched the purple room. So now that Abby has become attached to that one, Hannah was perfectly happy to have the new quilt, and plus it matches her room too.....
1 comment:
oh dear! how embarrassing for me. I stand corrected regarding the distribution of the quilts. Congrats Erin on finishing them and a extra-special shout-out to the sewing machine. He tried to quit but you just wouldn't let him, way to go! Maybe he should come to my house for a vacation, I have only ever attempted bean bags... and I didn't even finish that.
Post a Comment