Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A New Beginning

I'm really excited to share this next project with you. Since the new year arrived, I have had some ideas of things I want to start doing and other things I need to do better. I knew I wanted to make a book to keep track of all the goals I want to accomplish, and so I have been waiting for my Bind It All to arrive to make it. It may sound like it was just a way to procrastinate, but I really feel motivated now that my book is finished. I'm really looking forward to the changes that will happen as I actively live my life instead of letting the hours and days pass me by. Some goals are being a "nicer" mom, I've kind of gotten into the strict annoyed mom lately and it sure isn't making me happy. I also want to read from the scriptures daily and get in some exercise. We just bought a treadmill and so there is no excuses now, other than that Roddy is on it! I'm so proud of him for losing 30 pounds!!! Even though I don't need to lose that much, I still feel a bit left in the dust!!






Ok so on to the book!!! I finally found a place for this quote! I always thought it would be terrible on a card, but it does fit with the purpose of this book. Everything on it is SU! except for the ribbon.

























Next is the different sections. I started with a prayer journal section. I think about things I want to pray about, but then when I'm actually saying my prayers, I can't remember a thing. So I thought, why not write them down and I'll also write down anything thoughts or feelings or events that happen. That way I can see how my prayers work postively in my life.

This section and the next are filled with these lined sheets. I made them up on word, then took them to staples and photocopied them onto some heavier paper that I bought there and then used their paper cutter to cut them up.



Next is Goals....pretty straight foward...

I wish this next pic turned out better, and I'm too lazy to take another. The Done part is on a distressed piece that makes it look cool! Any ways, Get er Done! It's full of check lists of things I need to get done. Just needed a little humor in the book and I thought it was hilare!!



And finally the last section is Calendar. I printed off 12 calendars and this is where I'm going to keep track of all my appointments and junk.

Check out the pretty binding that my Bind It All makes! I'm so super happy with how it turned out! And to say it was my very first time using the machine, I really didn't make that may mistakes. It was really easy to use...as long as I followed the instructions!!


I also wanted to mention here and if you and your girl friends are looking for some kind of crafty night, I would be more than happy to set something up for you!! I wouldn't be looking for sales at all, just a small fee to cover supplies and junk.




Thanks for visiting and have a great day!!!

2 comments:

JulieandGary Smith said...

LOVE IT! and so glad I got to see it in person yesterday! That is such a good idea to right down the things you want to accomplish instead of always thinking, "I have so many things to get done" but not getting any of them done (example: me).

Kelly said...

i love your book! its so awesome!!! loving your crafts, they give me great ideas, even for making cakes! thanks erin!