Welcome to the 2nd installment of "That Really Gets My Goat!". So sorry about the lateness, we have been busy!
What really got my goat was a movie that I watched with my mom and 3 sisters on Friday night. The mother was divorced and the father wanted her to forgive him and let him come back. He was not a bad guy, made some mistakes, which i will not discount as trivial. The kids really wanted that as well, so the mother went off on a holiday to think it over. She was discussing the issue with her best friend and saying that maybe she should just get back together for the sake of the kids, and the best friend said "what, are you going to live your life for your kids now?" The logical response seemed to be, YES!, but she flat out said NO!. What happened here?! Doesn't any mother not live her life for her children? Yes, we need to take time out for ourselves and do things for us, but I would have to say that 85% of my life and time is devoted to my children. I'm not saying that a women should stay in an abusive or any kind of situation that puts their children in danger, but I do think that if it is a safe and loving environment, that 2 adults can stick it out until their children are grown. I know that the world is becoming more accepting of different views, and my views may seems "out of date", but that's how I see it.
Alrighty, so thank you to those who left their "goat" comments. To see them, click on the comments link under the last "That Gets My Goat". Hope to hear from more of you next time on......"That Really Gets My Goat!"
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I agree with you 100%! What also got my goat about that movie ... and don't read this if you still want to see it... is that she got cheated on and supposedly the husband is a horrible, unforgivable person... but then while they are still married and she's "figuring things out" she goes and sleeps with some random guy she has known for 2 days... hmmm great values and double standards!!! IT REALLY GOT MY GOAT!
Oh AND something else that get's my goat, the fact that Avery knows what your blog looks like and everytime I'm on it, I hear "Abby jump out the suitcase!!!!" until I find that video and play it. HAAHAHA thanks a lot!!
Post a Comment